Join us on one of our themed walking tours of Charlotte's most diverse neighborhood!
Visit breweries, restaurants, shops, murals, & hear how this neighborhood has evolved over its unique 100 years of history. Come experience the kitsch, the culture, & the diversity of the hippest hood in the Queen City and see why Plaza Midwood is one of the "BEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN AMERICA TO SPEND A WEEKEND"!
WALK THE BEATEN PATH!
Go to places only locals are familiar with. Learn the history of hideouts and avenues that explain what being a local is all about.
SEE THE ART!
From wall poetry to political statements, see wall murals on the exterior walls of historic buildings. In recent years local and national artists have been decorating Plaza Midwood with their art and it has become a significant part of the neighborhood’s story.
WET YOUR APPETITE!
From Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives to Food Paradise, learn the stories behind the numerous restaurants, bars, & breweries that have not only become local legends, but have gained national notoriety as well.
- Tour Plaza Midwood conducts outside cultural walking tours along the sidewalks and streets of this historic, fun, & diverse community!
- Guides share how the neighborhood was founded, how it has changed through the years, and what has led it to being one of the most significant communities in Charlotte.
- Tours stop frequently along routes for points of interest, fun facts, art, and to allow time for photos & questions!
- Tours range from 1-1.5 miles along the sidewalks, streets, & alleys of the neighborhood. Comfortable shoes are advised and participants should be able to step over curbs and walk on various surfaces.
- Tours are outside so it is recommended to dress appropriately for the weather and stay hydrated…sunglasses, sunscreen, umbrella, rain jacket, bottled water, etc.
- Group size is limited so that tours can finish on time while still allowing plenty of time for interaction & questions!
- See our Frequently Asked Questions for more details!
- OCTOBER 25, 2018…We’re over the moon excited about our newest partnership with PILOT BREWING! Tours coming soon!
- We’re excited to announce that we’ll be set up at Midwood Park for the annual Plaza Midwood Fall Crawl on Saturday, October 27! There will be a number of bands, activities, & vendors present. Stop by to see us & say hi! Click here for more information on the event.
- AUGUST 19, 2018…We’re excited to launch our newest tour package in partnership with Legion Brewing! This package starts with a cultural walking tour of Plaza Midwood that covers our favorite stops, history, & murals! Once we arrive at Legion Brewing you’ll be handed over to a Cicerone certified beer server that will guide you through a brewery tour and a beer flight that includes their flagship beers! We are scheduling dates and taking reservations now!
This funky tour of the Plaza Midwood neighborhood easily earned 5 stars!! Mark was a fabulous tour guide, he was knowledgeable about the history of the neighborhood, knew quirky nuggets of info and where to find hidden gems of wall art. We were surprised to...More
Came into visit some family and friends for the weekend and decided to take the new tour in Plaza Midwood. We were really taken aback how the area has changed for the good in such a short period of time. The amount of great art,...More